Friday, June 23, 2006

A venture into the blogging world....

Well, I'll give this a try. I'm not the most tech savvy so we'll see how things go. Now that school's out for the summer, and I'm trying to get myself excited about cooking again... a blog seemed like a good way to get motivated. We'll see if it works, or if it lurks in the shadows of the internet for all eternity.

The picture above is where I live. Brooklyn New York. No, I don't live in the middle of the bridge. But I do live a few minutes away from it - about ten minutes walk or so. My husband and I moved here a year ago from the West Village and we love the neighborhood. We're kind of in between several cool neighborhoods - Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, Brooklyn Heights and not too far from Cobble Hill's neighbor Carroll Gardens. There are tons of fun shops (both food and non-food) as well as restaurants. M and I are slowly working our way through as many as we can (given that we don't eat out more than once or twice a week). There are some amazing Middle Eastern stores close by - the area has a strong middle eastern influence which I love since I think Middle Eastern food is one of the most veggie friendly cuisines out there.

Technorati Tags:

5 comments:

M said...

Awesome blog, Helios. Best of luck with the experiment.

Erika said...

Welcome to blog-land Helios! Enjoy it! It's very addictive and quite therapeutic at times. :-)

Cate said...

Welcome to the club. ;) You might want to have Helio join in the fun of Weekend Cat Blogging over at Clare's site.

P said...

Nice, have fun and hope to read about something on here that you have made for a visit to NJ.

helios said...

Thanks for all the warm welcomes and enthusiasm for the project. Don't forget to check back often! :)