Monday, February 19, 2007

February Break is a wonderful thing!

The best thing about being a teacher at one of most New York City schools is the week off that comes in the end of February. Rationally, I know that the holiday break wasn't all that long ago. But oh my, was I ever waiting for this vacation with bated breath!

Unfortunately, I left my camera sitting on my desk at school. While I hope to be spending a lot of time in the kitchen this week, my posts will be pictureless. I'm hoping I'll be able to get into the school to get it, but I just don't know if that will be possible. Oh well.

This past weekend M. and I went to Philadelphia. We wanted to get away for just a little bit, and Philadelphia is an easy trip for those of us car-less New Yorkers. We actually took a Greyhound bus, which was quite an experience. All I'll say about that is that it made for some quality people watching.

Highlights of our stay included the Morris House Hotel we stayed in. We also really enjoyed the restaurant we visited for lunch on Saturday called the Tenth Street Pour House, and dinner Saturday night at 20 Manning. Poking around the Reading Terminal Market was also a lot of fun, if a touch crowded around lunchtime on a Saturday.

We're happy to be back, and I'm happy to have some time to get into my kitchen and get cooking. Stay tuned ....

No comments: