Kickpleat tagged me with a five things that you simply must eat before you die meme, and since I have nothing better to post today I'm going to respond. Except, only five things? So hard...
1. A thick, super creamy, no holds barred, not even remotely light chocolate milkshake. It's the kind of indulgence I so rarely never allow myself (in fact I can't remember when I last had one) but if I knew my time were running short, that would be the first thing I'd grab.
2. A super soft, warm from the oven chocolate chip cookie. Warm, buttery goodness that melts in the mouth as your fingers get greasy with the yummy butteriness ...
3. A warm, gooey slice of New York pizza. I make my own pizza at home and it's wonderful, but having lived in New York for over five years I must say I've gained a healthy respect for the NY slice. Cheap, filling and oh so good!
4. A creamy piece of Cailler milk chocolate. Yes, dark chocolate is better for you. Blah....blah....blah. For me, the ultimate indulgence is this chocolate. We discovered it on our honeymoon in Switzerland, and luckily for me I can't find it here in New York. Or, not luckily for me, but luckily for my waistline. Because when its around, I just can't stop eating it. When we toured the factory, they said the secret was the fact they use real milk. I don't know what it is, but I'm hooked!
5. An old, but perfectly aged Burgundy wine. In college, I (and many of my peers) took a wine course in which we got to learn about and taste wine. On Burgundy day they opened a 197_ (I don't remember the exact year) red Burgundy wine from an excellent vineyard (which I also don't remember). I think it was a Grand Cru (but I could be making that up as well), and the experience of tasting it literally changed my life. I've never had anything like it since. Dark, almost rusty in color the taste was so perfectly mellow and smooth - I still remember the experience like it was yesterday. On that day, the quest for really excellent wines suddenly made sense.
Gosh, you can tell I have a sweet tooth, no?
I don't even know who to tag for this meme. So I won't. But the more the merrier so play along! :)