Thursday, August 03, 2006

It's STILL so hot in NYC....

... but they say it'll be better tomorrow. We shall see. I'm not sure it could get any worse.

So, not much cooking happening here today. Leftovers for lunch, brief sojourn into the blistering heat for a manicure and a pedicure, and in a little bit I'm off to meet my assistant for this next school year for something fun before the hard work starts. I'm totally excited to work with her, I think we have compatible personalities and I look forward to sharing my classroom with a friend as well as with a co-worker. So, the kitchen is closed. But here's a picture of some of our CSA goodies this week to keep my readers happy! M. and I have enjoyed these little plums greatly. I personally have never counted plums as one of my favorite fruits - just doesn't do it for me. But these little guys (besides being cute) are really tasty and a delight to eat. Which is good, because we have four pounds of them. And this peach (which became an afternoon snack) was very sweet indeed. And, I'm a sucker for produce with the leaf still attached.

So, stay cool everyone and hasta la vista!

No comments: